COVID-19 is a respiratory illness caused by a new virus. Symptoms include fever, coughing, a sore throat, cold & flu like symptoms and shortness of breath. The virus can spread from person to person. Currently there is no treatment for COVID-19.
In order to ensure a safe working & training environment for our staff and our members, it is imperative that you do not enter Hurl’s Fitness if:
- You are feeling unwell.
- You have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, cold & flu like symptoms).
- You suspect you may be infected with COVID-19.
- You have been tested for COVID-19 and are awaiting results.
- You have had close contact with a person diagnosed with COVID-19, who is displaying symptoms of COVID-19, who is in isolation.
- You have been advised by health authorities to self-isolate.
- You have returned from overseas in the past 14 days.
Please note that if you are displaying persistent symptoms, you will be asked to leave.
To assist in providing a safe working & training facility for it’s staff and members, Hurl’s Fitness is:
- Supplying hand sanitiser and soap for good hand hygiene.
- Supplying disinfectant spray/paper towel/antibacterial wipes to clean equipment.
- Regularly disinfect benches/equipment/mats/handles.
Mop floors daily.
- Displaying signage to remind members of physical distancing & cleaning procedures, new entry & exit system and hand sanitising stations.
- Created a new entry system including member check-in for contact tracing purposes and traffic flow.
- Removing & rearranging equipment on gym floor to assist with physical distancing.
- Keeping showers, lockers and water stations closed until we are permitted to reinstate.
- Following all guidelines, as stipulated by victorian government, as they come to hand, including the capacity of members permitted to train at any one given time.
To train at Hurl’s Fitness, it is the member’s responsibility to:
- Ensure you do not enter Hurl’s Fitness if you are unwell and none of the conditions of entry stipulated above in first paragraph relate to you.
- Check-in upon entry in to the gym.
- Bring a large towel and use on benches/mats and other equipment you may be laying on.
- Avoid using this towel on your face. Please bring a separate one.
- Sanitise your hands upon entry/exit of studio.
- Wipe down all equipment before & after use with cleaning product provided.
- Bring your own filled drink bottle.
Your health is important to us!
We recommend that anyone engaging in a new fitness program consult their doctor before doing so.
Please read the following carefully. If you do not understand it or have any other questions, please ask a member of Hurl’s Fitness staff before you agree to our terms and conditions.
If you cannot answer ‘no’ to all of these questions, please speak to a hurls staff member before commencing your training here at hurls.
- Has a doctor ever said that you have a heart condition and recommended only medically supervised activity?
- Do you have chest pain brought on by physical activity?
- Have you developed chest pain in the last month?
- Have you on one or more occasions lost consciousness or fallen over as a result of dizziness?
- Do you have a bone or joint problem that could be aggravated by the proposed physical activity?
- Has a doctor ever recommended medication for your blood pressure or a heart condition?
- Are you aware, through your own experience or a doctor’s advice, of any other physical reason that would prohibit you from exercising without medical supervision?
If you have any other permanent medical condition that may affect your ability to exercise or use this club safely, please advise hurls staff immediately.
All information will be treated as confidential and will be collected, used and retained to assess your general health and well-being. If we believe you have any health issue or if the questionnaire is not fully completed, we may require you to obtain a medical certificate before we consider your application further.
By agreeing to this liability waiver, I state that I have read, understood and answered honestly the questions above, and that any statements made by me in answering this health check questionnaire are true and accurate. I also state that I wish to participate in activities which may include gymnasium exercise (aerobic, and resistance). I realise that my participation in these activities involves the risk of injury and even the possibility of death. Furthermore, I hereby confirm that I am voluntarily engaging in an acceptable level of exercise given my knowledge of my health and taking into account any medical advice I have received.
I understand and agree that Hurl’s Fitness may reject my application to use the club as a result of information provided under this questionnaire, any medical certificate I provide or if Hurl’s Fitness has reasonable grounds for believing that engaging in physical activity may be harmful to my health or safety.
We may retain this health check questionnaire and the information contained in it for a reasonable length of time for the sole purposes of maintaining complete records of pre-activity applications, verifying previous health checks and for assessing any future application for membership by you.
You have the right to access the personal information we have collected about you and you may correct this information if it is no longer accurate. To do so, please contact us, Hurl’s Fitness on 03 9481 1911 or by visiting our Hurl’s Fitness club.
Damage & personal injury disclaimer
To the extent permitted by law the centre excludes any liability to the customer in contract, tort, statute or in any other way for any injury, damage or loss of any kind whatsoever (including, without limitation, any liability for direct, indirect, special or consequential loss or damage), sustained by the customer and/or any other person, or for any costs, charges or expenses incurred by the customer, arising from or in connection with this membership agreement and/or the services/products provided by the centre, and/or any act or omission of the centre.
Warning under the fair trading act 1999
(a) if you participate in these activities your rights to sue the supplier under the fair trading act 1999 if you are killed or injured because the activities were not supplied with due care and skill or were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in or on this notice/appointment.
Note: the change to your rights, as set out in or on this notice, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. “gross negligence” is delined in the fair trading (recreational services) regulations 2004.
(b) under the provisions of the fair trading act 1999 several conditions are implied into contracts for the supply of certain goods and services. These conditions mean that the supplier named on this form is required to ensure that the recreational services it supplies to you are:
- rendered with due care and skill; and
- as fit for the purpose for which they are commonly bought as it is
- reasonable to expect in the circumstances; and
- reasonably fit for any particular purpose or might reasonably be expected to achieve any result you have made known to the supplier.
Under section 32n of the fair trading act 1999 the supplier is entitled to ask you to agree that these conditions do not apply to you. By accepting, you will be agreeing that your rights to sue the supplier under the fair trading act 1999 if you are killed or injured because the services were not rendered with due care and skill or they were not reasonably fit for their purpose, are excluded, restricted or modified in the way set out in this form.
Note: the change to your rights, as set out in this form, does not apply if your death or injury is due to gross negligence on the supplier’s part. “gross negligence” is defined in the fair trading (recreational services) regulations 2004.
In the event any part of this agreement being or becoming void or unenforceable then that part shall be severed from this agreement with the intention that the balance of this agreement shall remain in full force and effect, unaffected by the severance.