I have noticed a definite increase in my energy levels and an improvement in my general sense of wellbeing … I sleep better and my mood has improved overall.Emma, 33
* As someone who is fairly active and naturally pretty slim, I’ve never had much motivation to get me going to the gym. However, thinking about my family history of heart disease made me realise recently that even though I might not need to lose weight, I need to do regular exercise to keep my heart healthy.
Since starting my personal training sessions with Nat at Hurl’s, I have noticed a definite increase in my energy levels and an improvement in my general sense of wellbeing. I have also found that regular exercise encourages me to eat more healthily.
I sleep better and my mood has improved overall. I really enjoy the atmosphere at Hurl’s – my sessions with Nat are a great balance between fun and hard work, and there is a great sense of local community within the gym. I enjoy my workouts, I look better and I feel better – what’s not to love!
Hurls is a small, intimate set up with a great clientele of locals, some of whom have become good friends. Who knew exercise could be so much fun? I haven’t got bored yet.Deborah, 59
* I am not a gym bunny. I am so not into exercise. I had successfully managed to reach my mid 50s without ever entering a gym. Lifestyle and arthritis had taken its toll. My fitness level was at an all time excruciating low when I joined Hurls 4 years ago.
My reason for choosing Hurls was completely arbitrary. It was 2 minutes from my front door. Frankly, it was the best arbitrary decision I ever made. Hurls is a small, intimate set up with a great clientele of locals, some of whom have become good friends. Who knew exercise could be so much fun?
I have had several trainers over the years – all of them personable, all of them well trained and knowledgeable, yet each with their own very different approach to training. I haven’t got bored yet and, while I’m never going to be an Olympic athlete, my fitness level now is a world away from what it was 4 years ago.
Even better, I have managed to reduce the amount of medication I was previously taking for my arthritis. Happy happy happy.
There is a good, friendly, community atmosphere. The other members are focused and committed to their exercise, rather than the stereotypical fitness junkies I have encountered at other gyms.Trevor, 60
* While my primary reasons for signing up to the gym were to gain and maintain a level of fitness and wellbeing, I have found the atmosphere and services at Hurl’s Fitness suits my needs perfectly. The limited number of memberships on offer means that I receive more personalised attention from the staff, who are unfailingly professional, knowledgeable and helpful.
At Hurl’s, I feel I am treated as a person, not a number. I enjoy the general environment of the gym – most of the other members are locals and there is a good friendly community atmosphere. The other members are focussed and committed to their exercise, rather than the stereotypical fitness junkies I have encountered at other gyms. The location and convenience of Hurl’s makes it easy for me to make fitness a part of my daily routine.
I have greater energy every day and my health and vitality is improving over time … I look visibly younger now I regularly work out. My figure has drastically improved with shape back in my arms and waist.Leah, 51
* Starting training with Steve has been life-changing for me. I never thought of myself as an exercise person, but now, seven years on I am still loving my training. All the trainers at Hurl’s have the knack of keeping it interesting and varied. It is a friendly place – like a community and it is never intimidating – newcomers feel welcome too. It is welcoming to women and you can feel comfortable there what ever fitness level you are. There are elite sports people, but also people of all ages and stages in their fitness life. They are across many approaches to fitness including strength and resistance training, interval and cardio training and building flexibility.
I have greater energy every day and my health and vitality is improving over time rather than feeling I am getting old and decrepit – I hardly visit the doctor and lots of minor complaints have disappeared. I look visibly younger now I regularly work out. I have lost some pesky weight and my figure has drastically improved with shape back in my arms and waist.
There is a wide range of supports for your health with training, massage, rehab, dietary advice. The staff are always on hand to ask questions about training and health or how to stretch out a muscle – all the trainers there are thoughtful professionals who really know their game and treat you with respect and friendliness. I call Steven “the Professor” because whatever fitness concern I have, Steve seems to have an answer or a work-around – he’s a genius. But all the staff there are great, truly.
I highly recommend Hurls Fitness to everyone who is looking for a boutique gym with a welcoming attitude and a team who will support you as much as you need.Tim, 53
* I joined Hurls Fitness in April 2016. At that time, I was 52 years of age, weighed a very unhealthy 98 kilos. I was out of both physical shape and mental condition. I wanted desperately to do something about it. I realised that I if I didn’t, I would end up paying for it soon with premature health issues that would impact my quality of life. So I set about looking for an affordable gym and a trainer who would take the time to listen and understand what it was I wanted to get out of my membership and in a way that would motivate me.
The moment I met Steve Hurl, I knew I had found the right place. Steve offered me a complimentary consultation and took the time to understand my goals and my current level of fitness. Steve even identified an injury that required treatment before he would let me train.
This is a gym that is not about the money and hard sell pressure tactics to sign up , unlike those big corporate chains.
I love that Hurls Fitness has a boutique feel. It has all the equipment you need for a great workout, it never feels crowded, and there is always a friendly vibe. The team at Hurls, are always introducing members to each other so that you get to know familiar faces. The environment at Hurls Fitness is inclusive. There is no judgment, only support and encouragement.
As someone who used to go to a gym and do a basic half-hearted workout, I felt I needed to push myself further, so I opted for a Personal Trainer. This was the best decision and investment I’ve ever made. Steve was thoughtful in matching me with Pete, an experienced Personal Trainer with vast knowledge and an engaging personality.
I have improved strength through weight and resistance training, and my self-confidence and mood has improved dramatically. Pete and I always have a laugh and I always look forward to my sessions. I can’t recommend Pete highly enough.
Joining Hurls Fitness has been the most positive step towards improving my health and wellbeing and I highly recommend Hurls Fitness to everyone who is looking for a boutique gym with a welcoming attitude and a team who will support you as much as you need. You won’t regret it!
* Disclaimer: Results may vary person to person.