Remember these tips:
- Eat in moderation,
- Balance with exercise and BE CONSISTENT
- Start slow and make changes to your eating habits over time.
- Remember; every change you make to improve your diet matters and will alter your result.
- Think smaller portions.
TRY THIS ..
Chicken in a creamy tomato sauce
4 x 120g Chicken Breast (women) OR
4 x 220g Chicken Breast pieces (men)
2 Tablespoons of low fat smooth ricotta cheese
2 Tablespoons of Tomato paste
4 Large tomatoes, finely chopped OR 400g tin of crushed tomatoes
(If second option is used, you will not need the added water)
1 Small onion, thinly sliced
1 Clove of garlic, crushed
1 Tablespoon of fresh oregano, finely chopped
8 Medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
1 Medium red capsicum, chopped into thin slices
2 Medium zucchinis, chopped in half and then thinly sliced in semi circles
1 Tablespoon of olive oil
œ - 1 Cup of water (If fresh tomatoes used)
1. Chop chicken breast into 2cm cubes.
2. In a large saucer pan, heat olive oil on medium heat.
3. Add chicken, zucchini, mushroom, capsicum, onion and garlic combining well and cooking until chicken is golden.
4. Add tomato and Œ cup of water* combining well.
5. Add tomato pasta, oregano and low fat ricotta mixing until evenly mixed through. You may need to add the other Œ - Ÿ
cup of water* here to prevent the sauce drying out.
6. Turn heat down to medium low and simmer, stirring occasionally for about 15 minutes or until sauce is at desired consistency.
7. Serve immediately by it self or with a side salad.
Paprika Soy Chicken in a Vegetable Stir fry
- Lean chicken breast: 2 x 120g (females) OR 2 x 220g Lean chicken breast (males)
- œ Bag Thai stir-fry vegetable mix (ensure it contains TF friendly vegetables)
- 1 Small red capsicum, thickly sliced
- 1 Small green capsicum, thickly sliced
- 8 Medium mushrooms, thinly sliced
- Olive oil
- 1 - 2 Tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 Tablespoons salt reduced soy sauce
- 1 Cup / 250ml salt reduced chicken stock
- 2 Shallots, sliced
- 1 Clove garlic, sliced
- 1 Small red chilli, seeded and diced (optional)
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a medium size bowl and allow to sit while you prepare the chicken.
- When preparing the chicken, trim off any visible fat and skin. Cut the chicken horizontally across, preferably with a filleting
knife. Then cut the chicken on an angle so that pieces look like circles (some pieces wont).
- Place the chicken into a snap lock or freezer bag or a container with a lid, then tip the marinade over the top, spread evenly
around the chicken and place the chicken mix in the fridge for 1-2 hours to allow flavours to develop and ingrain the chicken.
- Using 2 large frying pans, lightly spray both with olive oil and put on high heat.
- In one pan, place the chicken evenly spread out around the whole pan (leaving the marinade in the bag), cook until golden
on both sides.
- In the other pan, place the œ bag of stir-fry vegetables, capsicum and mushrooms. Add half the marinade and combine
well. Cook for 5 - 10 minutes or until desired softness.