Dietitians are health professionals with expertise in food and nutrition. They promote health and prevent and treat illness by optimising your diet. Whether you want to boost your energy, ensure you are getting adequate nutrition on a vegetarian diet, or treat a condition such as obesity, heart disease or diabetes, a registered Dietitian can help you!
Your dietitian will use a tailored approach to assess, diagnose and treat your nutritional concerns. In consultation, they will:
- Assess your whole being – your unique profile, consider your whole being – your unique profile, such as your medical history, as well as your nutritional needs, goals and lifestyle
- Apply their understanding of how the body works to explain the relationship between what you eat and your health
- Work with you to set nutrition goals, create a plan to achieve these, and identify and address any barriers to your success
- Translate scientific health and nutrition jargon into practical, everyday advice
- Prescribe personalised eating plans that consider your medical profile and personal circumstances
- Provide nutritional counselling including motivation, mentoring and support
The Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD) credential is a public guarantee of nutrition and dietetic expertise. It is awarded to Dietitians who continue to undertake training and education, after completing an accredited dietetic university degree, to ensure they are your most up-to-date and trustworthy source of nutrition information. For more information on APDs, please visit https://daa.asn.au/what-dietitans-do/choosing-your-nutrition-expert/
2 Week Meal Plan
Referrals are not essential. Please provide a reason for your visit when booking a consultation via the online booking calendar, phone or email.
Please consult the online booking calendar for available consultation times. If none of them suit you, please contact Olivia via phone or email to arrange an alternative time.
You may be eligible for APD service rebates either from your Private Health Insurance Fund or Medicare:
If you have a chronic medical condition that will benefit from nutrition and dietetic management, you may be eligible for Chronic Disease Management. Your GP will organise a GP Management Plan (GPMP) and a Team Care Arrangements (TCAs) under which they can refer you to Olivia. This will entitle you to Medicare rebates for a maximum of 5 APD services per calendar year. Please discuss your eligibility with your GP.
Private Health Insurance Funds
You may be eligible for rebates if you have Private Health Insurance, dependent on which Fund you are with and which ancillary services you are covered for. Please discuss your eligibility with your Fund and what the out of pocket expenses are likely to be. Please note, you cannot use your Private Health Insurance ancillary cover to ‘top up,’ Medicare rebates. Hurl’s Fitness has a HICAPS terminal on premises to process your claims immediately so that only gap payments are required at the time of your consultations.
Payment and Cancellation Policy
All payments are required in full at the time of your consultations. If you need to cancel a consultation, please provide at least 24 hours notice. Failure to do so will incur a cancellation fee equal to 50% of the booked consultation fee.
MEET OUR DIETITIAN
A lover of all things science and food related, it was only natural that Kaitlin would eventually dedicate her life to food science by becoming a dietitian. Kaitlin is a strong believer that knowledge is power and finds great joy in teaching clients, family and friends about the many ways that food can assist them.
Kaitlin can use her evidence-based knowledge to:
- Create personalised eating plans that take your medical conditions and/or personal circumstances in to account
- Assess your nutritional needs and assist in correcting any deficiencies
- Provide information on healthy eating, food shopping, eating out and preparing food at home
- Assist in the nutritional management of a wide array of medical conditions such as diabetes, heart disease, food allergy, gastrointestinal diseases, pregnancy, cancer, coeliac disease, liver and kidney disease and cystic fibrosis among a host of other conditions.
Additionally, Kaitlin has also completed a Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science and can assist both gym goers and athletes to achieve their goals through the use of food, drinks and supplements (where needed).
Kaitlin understands that everybody is unique and brings this view to her dietetic practice, providing individualised flexible advice and resources which consider every aspect of the person as well as the scientific evidence in the field.
Kaitlin is a strong believer in balance, not perfection when it comes to food. She practises what she preaches and eats everything from tuna and spinach to cheesecake and ice cream and everything in between. Her favourite food being chocolate!
Dietitians are recognised and registered with Medicare and most private health funds.
- Bachelor of Exercise and Sport Science
- Bachelor of Food and Nutrition Science
- Master of Dietetics
- Accredited Practising Dietitian (APD)